I am one of the instructors for the Professional Social Media Certification Program at Sonoma State University School of Extended and International Education. I will be guest speaking February 6, 2014 and teaching April 17 and April 24.
The Professional Social Media Certificate provides participants with training and experience developing a social media campaign in their industry. This program combines hands-on experience and the opportunity to learn from others. The program will yield a certificate and increased intentionality, competency, confidence and experience not attained through individual independent content exploration.
Who Should Apply
- Communications and marketing professionals
- Individual interested in developing avenues for promotion
- Non-profit program managers and coordinators
- Social media enthusiasts
- Hands-on practice and experimentation with several popular social media platforms
- Hands-on use of monitoring tools and website analytics to listen and measure results
- Case studies of organizations using social media for their benefit
- Completion of a social media project
Course Credit: 52.5 hours of instruction: 5.3 CEU’s; Fee: $1050 for semester Certificate
Course Prerequisites: Although no academic prerequisites are required to participate in the program, an advanced level of English for non-native English speakers is required. Additionally, participants should be comfortable using at least one social media channel (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.). All participants should bring a laptop to class, with the exception of classes which meet in a computer lab.
Class Times: Thursdays, 6-9:30 p.m., January 23 – May 8. There will be no class March 20. Register now!