You may be reading this because you attended a presentation by Kerry Rego on Reputation Management. Or maybe I sent it to you because you have some needs. Below is a short and easy to understand list of what you should do. After that are supporting links to help you manage your reputation. (Please let me know in the comments if anything needs to be updated.)
Disclaimer: You will not be able to accomplish all of this in one day. I want to help manage your expectations. You will want to set aside time to accomplish these tasks on a regular basis (maybe once or twice a week) until you’ve worked your way through the list. Pace yourself. What you learn in this process about the online image of your name and your business will be worth all the effort.
Quick Takeaway List
- Perform a vanity search, also called an Audit for businesses | How to Perform a Social Media Audit
- Setup Google Alerts or other monitoring tool | Tools for Monitoring Your Reputation
- Purchase a domain for your name
- Setup Google My Business or claim your listing if it already exists | Claim Your Google My Business Page!
- Respond to all reviews on any review sites on which your business appears, positive & negative | How to Deal With Negative Customer Feedback
- Setup business on additional directories | Get Yourself Listed on the Web
- Clean up what you found in your vanity search | How to Remove Your Personal Info from the Web
- Create a plan to proactively publish content that suits your strategy | Strategy Blogs, Content Creation Blogs
Bonus Steps – Legacy and process management, steps to take
You can also buy any or all of my books. What You Don’t Know About Social Media CAN Hurt You: Take Control of Your Online Reputation includes all of this information on reputation management and much more! The Social Media Starter Kit is when you are ready to go on the offensive and build your social media strategy. You can also get the Workbook that allows you to work alongside the book and it includes cheat sheets that the main book does not. Click on the picture below.
Need More Help?
You can book a free needs assessment with me!